Aristotle is recognized as the leading provider of political technology power tools, powering many of the largest grassroots organizations, PACs and political campaigns in the US and abroad. Aristotle is a total solution provider, combining cutting-edge technology and innovative software solutions to meet the full spectrum of our clients’ needs. Providing these industry leading solutions requires that we consistently attract and retain the very best talent– men and women who are passionately committed to excellence.
Our latest project is PredictIt, a political futures exchange where you can buy and sell predictions on the outcome of political events. PredictIt.org is a project of Victoria University, operated with the support of Aristotle. PredictIt is attracting a lot of academic and personal interest from people who want to participate in the political process, polling, and proving the wisdom of the crowd.
The Data Scientist primary role will be to create voter data and fundraising models, as well as analyzing market data from PredictIt. This person will also be responsible for calculating key statistical information, generating relevant reports, and identifying talking points for use by the CEO and sales team. The position also includes analyzing user trends and producing summaries of this data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Ability to translate quantitative data into succinct written analyses
- Ability to present research findings via oral or written analysis
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Experience using statistical software (Stata, SAS, R)
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Advance knowledge of SQL
- Some understanding of financial markets and market structure
- Good scripting and programming skills
Click here to apply.